To create an Employee Engagement and Performance Management Strategy these top tips will make the process go more smoothly.
Employee Engagement and Performance Management Strategy
There are three steps to an employee engagement and performance management strategy. By following these simple steps, the process will be simplified and easier to track.
Creating an Engaging Environment
• Focus on creating the performance environment required to deliver future organisational goals.
• Define your Employee Value Proposition.
• Set your priorities, then focus on the key elements and deliver them to an outstanding level.
• Create a coherent story, not just a series of related initiatives.
Communicate your Engagement Strategy
• Involve as many of your HR population in the process as possible, so that the strategy becomes a shared story.
• Spend one-to-one time with key senior managers to address their concerns and ensure they see the benefits to their part of the business.
• Share the engagement strategy directly with the wider management population – don’t assume they’ll read emails or that others will articulate your engagement strategy clearly.
• Bring the strategy to life – focus on the benefits for each group and on the role that managers will play in delivering it.
• Ensure people have plenty of time to ask questions.
• Keep revisiting the message and highlight the benefits as they become apparent.
To Measure the Return of Investment from Engagement
• Use a combination of business and HR metrics.
• Evaluate all aspects of the employee life cycle using a range of measurement sources.
• Ensure you can access reliable data when you need it.